Crystal Report Configuration Error prohibits viewing of ASp.net application

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by robodent, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I created an application that uses Crystal Reports. I now want to use the Discountasp.net servers to host this application however DiscountAsp.net does not support Crystal Reports. I kept Crystal Reports in the application but I do not utilized Crystal Report or its components in it. ( I now use MS Reporting Services for my reports, which is supported by DiscountAsp.net) I have tranferred my application to the DiscountASp.net servers but when I try to view the website in a browser I get the following Error:

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Source Error:

Line 49: <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
    Line 50: <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
    Line 51: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />
    Line 52: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />
    Line 53: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />

what can I do to fix this?:confused:

2. The error is saying that your application is looking for the Crystal Report modules but is unable to find them.

Have you tried removing these Crystal Report lines from your web.config?

3. Crystal Reports Removed

Thanks, I removed Crystal Reports from the application and now I am able to access the login page of the website.:)

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.