Is the new LocalDB supported in the sandbox?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 4.5 Beta [Closed]' started by Scotts, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Is the new SQL Server Express Local Database Runtime support in SqlClient (LocalDB) added in Update 4.0.2 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 supported in this environment?

I can't tell by the error if part of the runtime is missing or if it just can't find my database file. My connection string from web.config is:

<add name="LocalDBv110" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\CA.mdf;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

And the error I receive is:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot find the file specified
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 52 - Unable to locate a Local Database Runtime installation. Verify that SQL Server Express is properly installed and that the Local Database Runtime feature is enabled.)]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +5279632
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +242
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover) +5291491
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean withFailover) +145

2. No insights?

3. Scotts, did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem of developing using localdb and attempting to deploy to a remote host running full sql.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.