MS ReportViewer export problem on Win2012

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by Nolaken, Apr 14, 2014.

1. I have taken over maintaining an application written in C# in Visual Studio 2010 and the database is SQL Server 2008R2.

The current "production" web site is running on Win2008/IIS7, and runs reasonably well. The owners want to move it to a new, separate account. One of their IT guys opened a new account with SQL Server 2008R2 being the data store and got a new URL.

To do this conversion, I backed up the database and restored it in the new account. I then copied the existing app code to the new site after changing the connection string.

The main report for the app is an extract of data different users upload and creates and presents a report in spreadsheet format using ReportViewer. Much of the time users will then export it to Excel.

My problem is that the export never finishes. I have struggled to find the cause without success.

I can run the app inside VS on my local box pointing to the DASP database and it runs fine.

This weekend I discovered that the new account is using Win2012/IIS8, which is different from the old account. Could this be the reason for the export problem?

Or should I upgrade from ReportViewer 2010 to 2012?

I have looked around in vain to see if this is a problem someone else has solved.

I appreciate any suggestions.

2. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

the platform really shouldn't cause this problem.

Does it have problem w/ a smaller data set?