WordPress 503 error

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by RobK, Jun 19, 2014.

1. We have a .net website hosted and have recently installed a WordPress blog in a subfolder called /blog/.
    On several occasions, when working in the WordPress admin area (creating posts, moderating comments, could be anything really), we will get a 503 Service Unavailable error and it will take down the whole site for a couple minutes - like the App Pool is getting recycled.

Has anyone had this issue?

I've tried a couple of different themes, including the default Twenty Fourteen, and it happens.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

Most likely the application pool of your account is being recycled because of hitting ram limit of 200MB on IIS 7 plan. All applications running under your site will share the resources of your application pool, therefore your WordPress application, your main site, and all other applications will share the same 200MB of ram. I suggest that you dedicate your account to one web application.
    If you need to preserve sessions after the application pool is recycled, I suggest you store session information in SQL server to avoid such issues. Please refer to the following regarding storing session information in SQL.

http://support.discountasp.net/KB/a334/how-to-enable-aspnet-sql-server-session-on-your-web.aspx