DiscountASP web site design sucks

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TerjeH, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Just curious, when are you planning to launch a new web site design? Because your existing design sucks. I'm really struggling to read that tiny font you are using. I think it's called usability :-/

2. mjp

mjp

You don't find it retro and ironic? ;)

Soon, is the short answer. We had a redesign scheduled, but Everleap got in the way.

Trust me that however much you hate it, we hate it more. But for what it's worth, Google loves it. Which is part of the reason a redesign hasn't really been a high priority.

But we do have plans to put the old site out of its misery soon.

martino and RayH like this.
  3. Thanks for answering. I have been with DiscountASP for about 10 years. Is DiscountASP now in the dead pool? Is this why you don't care to redesign and take proper care of the site? Are you spending all your resources now on Everleap while DiscountASP is left to die, or to be transformed into a B-quality cheaper service? What are your plans for DiscountASP?

4. mjp

mjp

First, I take umbrage, sir! We do "take proper care" of the site. It's updated and maintained, you just don't like it. Which is understandable, since, as I mentioned, we don't like it either.

As for your other questions, I've written a blog post called Everleap and the future of DiscountASP.NET which is probably going up next week. But to answer your questions right here - no, DiscountASP.NET is not dead, dying or neglected. We still give it all the attention we ever have.

As for DiscountASP.NET becoming "B-quality," Everleap is newer, better technology. It's better than DiscountASP.NET only because it's better than all traditional shared hosting. So in that way, you might consider DiscountASP.NET a lesser service. For what it is though, it's still the best.

As far as our plans for maintaining DiscountASP.NET, we will continue to keep it up to date and maintain the infrastructure so it remains a first class service. But it's not really a secret that our goal is to get as many DiscountASP.NET users over to Everleap as we can. We really believe that Everleap is the future of website hosting in general, not just here.

But for those who like DiscountASP.NET and don't want to move or change, or don't need to move or change, it will always be there for you.

martino and RayH like this.