Bad Service

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by bmkita, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I can't take it anymore. I'm trying to run a business and Discount Asp.net continually has technical issues way above and beyond what should be expected from an ISP. As a former IT professional who worked at a publicly traded corporation, I would have been fired for having outages as much as this company. It is unacceptable. Please...if there is anyone working at this company that reads these post...please look up the word FAILOVER. The service that your provide would not be accepted by a publicly trade company. Your outages have now cost me money. And it trickles down to MY CLIENTS, who are now aggravated as well. FAILOVER FAILOVER FAILOVER REDUNDANCY REDUNDANCY REDUNDANCY. Do you even have a disaster recovery plan in place? What are we all really paying for?

2. mjp

mjp

Well, since we're speaking candidly and as friends, I would respectfully point out that you aren't paying for FAILOVER FAILOVER FAILOVER REDUNDANCY REDUNDANCY REDUNDANCY. You're paying for shared web hosting. It's very good shared web hosting, but it still has the limitations that traditional shared web hosting will always have.

You can certainly get failover and redundancy, but it comes at a cost. Everleap is built on a foundation of failover and redundancy (Windows Azure Pack), and it provides fault-tolerance that traditional shared hosting can't (as well as a 100% uptime SLA). But it's also more expensive than DiscountASP.NET. Because real high availability, 100% uptime fault-tolerance is not cheap.

In a traditional shared environment like DiscountASP.NET fault tolerance is especially expensive because the redundant server is always...redundant. Unless there is a failure. So to have a redundant server you have not only the cost of the hardware, but also the cost of data replication, the O/S license (SQL license, mail software license, etc.), data center space and power, all for a server that will rarely - if ever - be used. All of which flies in the face of shared hosting, which is designed to be offered at a low cost.

With a cloud system like Everleap the virtual standby servers are always available without most of the cost of a standby physical server. It's just better all around, and for a site that needs that 100% uptime, it's the only choice. Because you will never get 100% uptime in a traditional shared environment.

RayH likes this.