vs2013 express for web not working..

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by mk68, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Dear All,

i have installed vs2013 express for web on my computer[windows 7, sp1) and when i tried to open the ide i got the following error as have run as admin.

upload_2014-10-15_10-38-28.png

i tried many solutions but didnt work our and my user account is admin account as well.

looking forward your valuable reply.

Regards,
    Mk

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

When installing it try right click on the install and "Run as Admin" to see if that helps you.

CrystalCMS likes this.
  3. In other words to the above reply , login as Administrator and Install

4. No. A user that's logged into Windows with UAC enabled using a user account that's in the Administrator group is not the same as being logged into Windows with UAC enabled using a user account that's in the Administrator group and taking the conscious decision to execute a program with "Run as Administrator".

When a program is executed by an administrator and UAC is enabled, that program is executed in restricted security mode to restrict what resources the program has access to at runtime. When UAC is enabled, this feature automatically works to supply the program being executed a security token (otherwise known as a SID or security identifier) relating to the executing admin users' security context with the SID for the Administrator group removed.

When the "Run as Administrator" option is taken by an admin user, this forces the program to be launched with an unrestricted full access set of SIDs.

It's a security feature. Many people do switch UAC off. You do that at your own risk.

mjp and martino like this.