DASP Data Policies

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DevXel, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Hi there,

Is there any legal documentation that explains/states your data storage privacy and security policies please?
    I need to pass these on to clients through my terms & conditions.

Jon

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. Thank you Takeshi,

This relates to my data (unless I read it wrong).
    If a client asks me about how their data is protected (in the database) - do you have any distributable information on that?
    Also, what about guarantees of uptime or your responsibility if attacked by dDos for example?
    I just need to cover myself, if those things were to happen.

Cheers,
    J

4. Takeshi Eto

Our privacy policy applies to users of our website and to our customers. If the website is hosted with us and is for a client of yours, then our privacy policy applies. If you are referring to users that come to visit your website, then you will need to have your own privacy policy for your site. You can use our privacy policy as a guide. We go through an audit every year with TrustE to get Safe Harbor certification status and be up on the latest privacy policy requirements.

We do not have an uptime guarantee - no host can guarantee their uptime. Case in point - you brought up DDOS attacks - that is a malicious attack on a host or customer and is out of our control. We do what we can to screen out fraudulent sites on signup but DDOS attacks can target legitimate sites who got their website hacked for example. DDOS attacks are going to happen to every host, though not all the time. Attacks have even taken down huge providers like Amazon and big services like Yahoo - who have a million times more resources than we do. We do what we can to mitigate DDOS attacks as quickly as possible when they occur and we learn from such incidents and improve our response.

5. Thank you Takeshi,

I'm able to put something more concrete together now.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think it would be good if there was a distributable paragraph that explains how you guys protect and serve your services. One that we could just paste into our legal docs.

Keep up the good work.
    J

6. Takeshi Eto

Can't promise anything but we'll bring that up with TrustE.