Spam

Discussion in 'Email' started by PR Sports, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Recently, I've been getting crushed with spam mail in my inbox. It has gotten so bad that I've had to remove this email address from my phone. I've tried changing the filter settings and have not had any luck.

Any help you may be able to give would really be appreciated. Thanks

2. I've been fighting the same SPAM issue for years. I open the on line Smarter Mail every a.m.
    and mark 70% of the messages I get as Actions > Block Sender. Then every month I cut and paste all the
    email addresses into a different filter that I can put a Prefix on the front end of any new subject line from offending
    spammers and Automatically dump the email in a Block e-mails Folder.
    It's tedious but better than having to re-delete every spam message from all 5 of my computers.

What I don't know is WHY the Internal Blocked Filters folder in Smarter Mail is selected as "And all criteria must be met"
    when I should be able to select "Or one of more criteria must be met" Hence the need to move the addresses out of the Internal Blocked Filter and into a Filter Folder of my own. see attached So the ONLY thing the Internal Blocked Filter is good for is accumulating the addresses, so I can once a month mover them into a filter that works :(

It would be great if Smarter mail allowed me to change the setting on the Internal filters!

Pete

Spam 1-30-15.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG
    Spam 1-30-15b.JPG

3. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

You can consider changing Spam Filtering setting in SmarterMail.

• Log onto SmarterMail web interface with an account with admin privilage
    • Click settings (the gear icon) on the left
    • Goto My setting (if you want to apply the setting to the logged on user) or Domain Setting -> Filtering
    • Click Spam filtering
    • Check "Override default spam settings"
    • In the actions tab
    • Change Medium / High Probability to what ever action you wish SmarterMail to perform

I have this setting in my personal email

• Low Probability
      • No action
    • Medium Probability
      • Add Text to Subject Line
      • SPAM-MED
    • High Probability
      • Delete message
    I don't read email from webmail but rather pull down message to Outlook. I have a rule in Outlook to send mail with SPAM-MED to a junk folder.

Note that spam filtering is not 100% accurate and you may get some false positive.

martino likes this.