4.5.2 and updating data between centres

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Rob den Boer, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys

I'm busy re writing my Facebook app to a hosted model and also looking for potential hosts.

I am currently using some new features of 4.5.2 which I like (queue background jobs).

I am also considering have geographical presences for the web services and have the client softwre on the customer site determine to the best centre to use as primary and which for secondary. (and failing over if primary not working). Ideally this requires the web service at each centre to update the SQL dB at both centers.

This is not a high usage solution.. Small numbers of corporate customers and low traffic, but requiring high availability.

So questions..
    Any idea of when 4.5.2 will be supported by your platforms ? ( would love to try your 3 month trial need to wait)
    Is there any point of failure that is common to both your data centers ? (I read maybe DNS is?)
    Is the anything available to enable easier data sharing between centers (considering web service for inter data centre data syncing)

Many thanks

Rob

2. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

1) We are testing 4.5.2 and plan to roll it out within the next several weeks.
    2) DNS and mail are hosted in the US data center only. You can consider using your own data center.

>>Is the anything available to enable easier data sharing between centers (considering web service for inter data centre data syncing)

Unfortunately, no.

3. Thanks Frank

I'll wait until you have made 4.5.2 available and then look at signing up ( for testing etc)