ESQL2k1201 Physical Migration

Discussion in 'Databases' started by IPAlarms, Mar 25, 2015.

1. IPAlarms

IPAlarms Developer of VoIP2Go Voice over IP Platform

I did not get notification that this was going to take place. Was this an emergency situation?

My whole business is down - I'd appreciate if you could provide regular updates of your progress.

2. mjp

mjp

No, not an emergency, it's been in the works for some time. We sent notice on March 18th. Sorry if you missed it. Take a look in your spam folder and if you find it you may want to whitelist the discountasp.net domain (if you can).

Hello %%NAME%%,

We're writing to let you know that the SQL 2012 server used by the %%DOMAIN%% account is scheduled to be migrated to a new server. During migration Your database will be offline for anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes.

The amount of downtime you experience will depend largely on the size of your database. We are performing the migration in four or five segments, starting with the smallest databases and working up to the largest. The small databases can be migrated pretty quickly, but that migration time increases as the size of the database increases. We are segmenting the migration in order to cause the least amount of interruption possible for everyone.

The migration is scheduled to take place on:
    March 25th, 2015
    Between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Pacific time

The server migration is a necessary part of our overall move to virtualized servers. Virtual servers are an improvement over the old traditional stand-alone servers in terms of available resources, flexibility and disaster recovery, and they consume significantly less power. The majority of our network runs on virtualized servers now, your database server is one of the last remaining physical servers.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, and thanks for using DiscountASP.NET!

The DiscountASP.NET Team

RayH likes this.