DASP SQL Backup Errors

Discussion in 'Control Panel API' started by Bluegolden, May 22, 2015.

1. I have been trying to run the DASP application. It meets every test on the setup but always generates the following error. Is this something that I am doing or is there an error in the application. I really like the application and hope to get it running correctly.

Error:
    Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    HelpLink:
    InnerException:
    Message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Dasp.CustomerAPI.Web.UserErrorException: Backup failed. File with the same name already exists.
    at Dasp.CustomerAPI.Web.CustomerApi.Sql2008R2CreateBackup(String key, String databaseName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    Source: mscorlib
    TargetSite: Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
    StackTrace:

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at DSB.Service.DiscountASP.CustomerApiSoap.Sql2008R2CreateBackup(String key, String databaseName)
    at DSB.Service.ProcessDASP.CreateSqlBackup(String backupType, String databaseName)
    at DSB.Service.DSBAccount.CreateSqlBackup()
    at DSB.Service.DSBAccount.Execute()

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

That's the helpful error message.

You need to connect to your site via FTP.

You can use an FTP client like FileZilla. FileZilla can be downloaded here: https://filezilla-project.org/

To learn how to connect to your site using FileZilla please read our knowledge base article here: http://support.discountasp.net/KB/a311/configuring-filezilla-to-access-your-web-site.aspx

Once connected go to your _database directory and rename the current SQL database backup in that directory. Or download it locally and delete it from the web server.

Then try to run your backup again.

mjp likes this.
  3. Thank you for your suggestion. It creates a catch 22 scenario for me however. If I delete the backup file from the asp server and run the application I get the file unavailable error below. I can see the new backup via FTP - so apparently it is writing the new backup to my ASP. web database file. I also checked the directory on my C: drive that it should write too and is tested for and it is empty. I am not sure just what is causing the first error. If I backup on the ASP server and check to see that the file is there and then run, it produces the first error again.

Blue

Error:
    Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    HelpLink:
    InnerException:
    Message: The remote server returned an error: (550) File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).
    Source: System
    TargetSite: Void SyncRequestCallback(System.Object)
    StackTrace:
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.SyncRequestCallback(Object obj)
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.RequestCallback(Object obj)
    at System.Net.CommandStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
    at System.IO.Stream.Close()
    at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
    at System.Net.ConnectionPool.Destroy(PooledStream pooledStream)
    at System.Net.ConnectionPool.PutConnection(PooledStream pooledStream, Object owningObject, Int32 creationTimeout, Boolean canReuse)
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.FinishRequestStage(RequestStage stage)
    at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at DSB.Service.ProcessFTP.DownloadFile(Uri ftpFileName, String localFileName)
    at DSB.Service.DSBAccount.DownloadSqlBackup(DateTime currentRun)
    at DSB.Service.DSBAccount.Execute()

4. The error is also happening with me as well as I have tried to make that fix but the issue is not being fixed. I have been facing the Epson 031008 error from past few days and I really do not know what to do with that.