Sign-up Email Not Received

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by cCrolley, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Here's an issue I need fixed ASAP, and I have nowhere else to turn.

Despite having discountasp.net whitelisted on my current email server, I did not receive my initial email containing username, password, etc.... I sent a note to [email protected] on Friday, and another one today. I also tried the "forgot login" tools where you enter your email address and it sends the things via email.

I've heard nothing at all -- so I suppose this is an email reception problem at my end.

So I just sent ANOTHER request from an alternate email, hoping that will come through. I sent it from the same address I used to register for this forum, and the forum registration email came through without a hitch. Then I figured I'd sign up for another account using that email, and straighten things out with the billing department later.

EXCEPT -- the domain I need to host is "already registered" with discountasp.net, so I can't even do that. There's no phone number to call, there's no way to submit a ticket to the help desk without your login credentials, and there's no way to retrieve your login credentials if for some reason your email isn't simpatico with discountasp.net

That's a real problem, folks. About the only other solution if I can't get this straightened out pronto is to pick a different service provider and contest the charge -- which hit my card like a flash as soon as I signed up. Strange how there was absolutely no problem there.....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Please disregard. I disabled my incoming spam filter completely and was able to retrieve my credentials. I have no idea why the white-listing (Spam Assassin) wasn't working -- the tests showed all email from discountasp.net to be sent to my mailbox without additional processing. THAT was weird.

3. mjp

mjp

Glad you got that worked out.
    Any email to support@ (or sales@ or billing@) will generate a helpdesk ticket. If you ever find you can't get in to the support portal, you can contact us that way.