Operating System (OS)upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows / IIS' started by albanello, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Hi

Can anybody tell me if the Operating System (OS)upgrade from Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 has been accomplished? It was supposed to be done February 3 2021 from 7:00pm to 11:00pm Pacific time (GMT -8).
    I tested my website this morning February 4 at 7:00 am, Central time, and everything, so far, appears to be working. yaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

I was not sure if the OS upgrade would be transparent to me. It appears to me, with my limited experience, it is.

Thanks
    albanello

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Yes, yesterday's upgrade was completed.

3. Thanks Takeshi Eto

I have been with DASP many years and this is the first time the OS has been changed, to my knowledge. It would appear to me that the OS change DOES NOT change how I work on my Website or Database.

How I working with my Website or Database stays the same?
    - Database table Changes/Updates/Deletes
    - Publishing to my Website at DASP
    - Backing up my database at DASP
    - Anything else I do to manage my Website and Database at DASP
    - Database name stays the same
    - Access to the database stays the same
    - ........many other thing I am not thinking of!
    - It is transparent to me that the OS has been changed!
    - Don't have to do ANYTHING differently than I have been?

These are probable stupid question on my part but I don't have a lot of experience other than what I have learned over the years

Thanks again
    albanello

4. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

Nothing you listed has changed. The only thing that might have changed are assemblies included in the Global Assembly Cache, but it shouldn't affect most users. And if it does affect you, the only thing you have to do is bin-deploy the missing assembly (i.e. deploy the missing assembly to your application's /bin folder).

5. RayH
    Thanks
    albanello

6. I've never noticed a system update, although it happens all the time now.