Trouble upload webpage to site

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by ecomm, Sep 5, 2009.

1. I'm attempting to ftp my web page to my site www.disasternet.org but all I see when browsing that page is the folders. WHat files need to be in the root?

2. I am attempting to get my site online and can only see the file folders. www.disasternet.org. Can anyone tell me what files need to be in the root outside of the folders?

3. You need a default document in the root e.g. one of the following:
    • index.htm
    • index.html
    • index.asp
    • index.aspx
    • default.htm
    • default.html
    • default.asp
    • default.aspx
    You can also add your own default document with IIS manager. With II7 and .NET configure your own default document in your application level web.config.

I would recommend completely disabling directory browsing for the site. At the moment being able to browse directories in your application structure is a security vulnerability- in other words you're giving away more information than is required.

4. Trouble with upload page

Now I have a index.html and still do not have my web visible
    www.disasternet.org

5. ...Did you install the Front Page Extensions? If so, do you really need them?
    Looks like your site is loading the index file from the vti files right now.
    Give a little more info about what you're doing and how you're doing it and we should be able to help.
    All the best,
    Mark

6. Trouble with upload page

First I copied the default.html into the root and that didn't work so I renamed it to index.html and got the same result. The default that I took was in the web page used in my Expression Web.

Front Page extensions were not installed since I was using Expression. If that is something I need to do please let me know and I will do it.

Thanks

7. ...No, don't install the FP extensions if you don't need them.
    Expression Web does not need them.

At this point you need someone to look at the site for you.
    If you don't have anyone send me a Private Message with your account login and I'll take a look for you.
    All the best,
    Mark