Multiple domains with multiple subdomains and SSL

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by can poyrazoglu, Oct 27, 2012.

1. I'm really getting annoyed with GoDaddy's hosting and planning to move to another provider, and my first option is DiscountAsp.net, however, I have several questions.

I am using GoDaddy's ultimate shared hosting plan and I have a few domains registered and hosted under my plan. Some of these domains also have subdomains, which are also hosted under my same plan. All my sites are ASP.NET (4.0, with SQL Server databases), with the one exception of a WordPress blog. I also have an SSL certificate that I'd like to keep using.

Now, if I move my hosting here (and buy a dedicated IP too):

Will I be able to use multiple domains on the same hosting account without extra fees other than the hosting+IP?

Will I be able to use subdomains on these domains on the same hosting account without extra fees?

Will I be able to set up multiple SQL server databases without an extra fee?

Will I be able to use WordPress+MySQL without extra fees?

Will I be able to set up many Web Applications under IIS?

How much memory will I have on IIS8? (it says 200MB for IIS7, has it changed?)

GoDaddy DOES offer me all the options above, however, their service is terribly slow and my sites sometimes even hang and I need to recycle my app pool. But I am confused with DiscountASP.NET's domain handling and how much I need to pay for what. I'm on a budget and I can't afford too much (say, more than about $150 annually).

Thanks,
    Can.

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hi Can,

You will need to add the additional domains as domain pointers. Each domain pointer will incur a one time charge of $15.

You will need to order the Unlimited Subdomain addon service for $5/month. If you need SSL as well, it comes as a bundled package for $10/month.

Each database addon costs $10/month.

The MySQL database addon service is $5/month, but you can install WordPress, and you can create as many MySQL databases as you can fit in 2000 MB (2 GB) worth of disk space.

Yes.

300 MB.

You can always try our service for 30 days as we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If you sign up for an annual plan, you get 3 months free, and we offer different promotions throughout the year. You might also want to contact our Sales Department at [email protected] for more information regarding promotional offers.