URL Masking

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by kavicarter, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Is there a built-in URL masking feature included with discountasp.net?

I have 2 websites; one at .com and one at .net. Long story short, I can't access the FTP for the .com so the .net is the new site.

However; I'd like people who visit the site to still see it as .com in the toolbar.

Thank you.

2. EDIT:

Well I have access to the .com (through a CMS; again no FTP access).

What I was able to do is on the abc.com/home page, I put an iframe on the page to fit the entire page. Then in the iframe I put abc.net/home.

Obviously, this causes some problems, users can't see the url and they never truly navigate to another page.

My question is: what are the effects on the search engines?

The .com website (which was the "live" website up until the last week in February) comes up at the top of google searches.

Since users are still going to be "visiting" the .com, will my page ranks be adversely affected?

(For instance, let's say my abc.com/contactus comes up at the top of google search and is clicked on, the user is actually seeing abc.net/contactus but VISITED abc.com/contact us; so shouldn't my page ranks remain intact?)

3. ...Personally, I'm not sure but you would do good to post in the official IIS forums because I do know Search Engine topics are mentioned a lot and the IIS team is addressing that.
    Salute,
    Mark