NLog Config? Or, w3p write permissions?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by SparkleMuncher, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi,

Has anyone setup NLog with DiscountASP.NET? NLog runs fine on my local machine but when its deployed there are no file being generated. I reference the appropriate local deployment directory. Its been suggested that directory write permissions for ASP.NET process is the issue, but am unclear on how user permissions might be set with DiscountASP.NET for the ASP.NET process. I do not want to allow the "Anonymous ASPNet User" to access the logs.

Does anyone know how to configure this?

Thank you,

Rana

2. ASPNet IUSR should already have Read/Write permission to your entire root and all files and folders under it. What's the error message you're getting?

3. Thanks. This was very helpful in determining that your servers are just fine and my NLog config file needed adjusting. Switching the AsyncWriter BatchSize to 1 helped write the log for testing on the servers.

The support of on the forums is great. Much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.