app.exe.config did not succeed (404) not found

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by gadsopensou, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Created XBAP test app the runs in VS2010 ... published to DASP and get the following error indicating that the DEAdminConsole.exe.config is not found ... it is in same DASP folder as DEAdminConsole.XBAP and DEAdminConsole.EXE files. Nothing in Google searches has helped identify cause.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * An exception occurred while downloading the application. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Downloading http://gadsopensource.com/xbap/Application Files/DEAdminConsole_12_1_9_0/DEAdminConsole.exe.config did not succeed.
    + The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [1/19/2012 10:44:33 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    - Downloading http://gadsopensource.com/xbap/Application Files/DEAdminConsole_12_1_9_0/DEAdminConsole.exe.config did not succeed.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentManager.SynchronizeCore(Boolean blocking)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentManager.SynchronizeAsyncWorker()
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Net.WebException
    - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    - Source: System
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

2. Im not sure if you got passed this and are now at a different point. But looking at your application now. One would need to visit, http://gadsopensource.com/xbap/AdminConsole.xbap

This may/will generate another error that appears to be application related, but its not. Its related to browser settings. Please see the following:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals...rer-9-xbap-disabled-in-the-internet-zone.aspx

Ok, so at this point, once I got that far, I got a new error. Here is the log below:
    This error is only due to the Crystal Reports assemblies not being installed.

3. Kinda solved it

I ended up removing the app.config file from the solution and therefore the app.exe.config is no longer required so it is now past that error.

So testing is continuing ... the ones you saw are new errors that I am working on.

Thanks for taking the time to test and for your reply.

It is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

4. *.exe.config and RequestFiltering

I ended up having to re-implement the app.config file (for Crystal Reports) and therefore now have the same error as before with *.exe.config.

One solution I found suggested:

1. open IIS Manager (not IIS 6 Manager),

2. navigate to the web site you are interested in.

3. click RequestFiltering.

4. click Allow File Name Extension... to add ".config".

RequestFiltering is an option on the DASP tools but I cannot seem to get to it to make it work.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

As noted on the IIS Tools tab, I have also posted this on "Windows 2008/IIS7"

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.