ASP.NET Detailed Error Message

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by tunivorecom, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Hi, I've got an issue trying to see the detailed error message when promoting my site to discountasp.net's hosting environment.

The asp.net mvc 4 web site works locally but upon promoting it, I get the generic message "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.". If I rename the web.config to web.old and reload the page, I have been able to disable enough things to get the page to render (I say disable because the web.config includes namespaces for spark to use). My problem is I'm assuming there is an issue with my web.config but I can't see any sort of error message pertaining to it because I see a the generic message as noted above - ex. http://tunivorecom.web804.discountasp.net/home/tour.

Currently in my web.config, I have the following specified:

<customErrors mode="Off" >
    </customErrors>

Normally that would be enough but is there something else I need to do to be able to see the details of the error. I'm sure it's an easy error to fix, I just need to know what it is. Any help is appreciated!

2. Where you able to resolve this problem? I don't see any error message at the URL you provided.

mjp likes this.