ASP Upload very slow

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by gustmoraes2, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi,

Im new in DASP Servers, its all working fine, except a little problem,

ASP Upload is working very slow, its starts at 30.0 K/sec (nice), and it go down to 3 or 2 kb / sec .... after 2 or 3 minutes of uploading then i got error page.

look that it goes from 30.0 k / sec to 2.0 k sec in first 10 seconds of uploading, and then keeping at 2.0k, its not normal...

I have in my site another script too, that works with flash and its very slow too...

Its not my connection because i have another site in other hosting that goes really fast with the same scripts...

Its some server limitation? Does Aspupload consumes too much processing?

any tips in how i can fix this?
    It very important, cause users can go and upload 5 to 10 files... show i upgrade to a Virtual Server or its not the problem?

Sorry for my english :D

2. Are you using an upload component?

The code required to handle binary data upload is very processor intensive - for this reason its best to use a component. I've used a variety of scripts based ones, and they are fine for small files, but nothing of significant size.

3. its working fine now!

I Uploaded 16MB and it worked.... thx anyway!

4. mjp

mjp

Sounds like a temporary network problem. We get that a lot: "Hey, your server is slow!" Then a traceroute shows a problem somewhere between the user and us, and eventually that problem clears up.

Whenever things seem too slow, it's good to do some simple diagnostics to see where the problem might lie.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.