Can't get Smooth Streaming to work

Discussion in 'Silverlight' started by foresailtech, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I've uploaded an application to a Windows2008/IIS7/ASP.NET 4 instance that we've created on discountasp.net.

On my local development machine, I've defined the application and the smooth streaming works just fine. (basically point to the subdirectory and define it as an application)

I've configured this the same way using the IIS 7 remote manager on discountasp.net, but I can't get the videos to play. Is there a trick to turning on smooth streaming that I might have missed?

Here's the URL that I'm trying to get to work: http://foresailtec.web704.discountasp.net/Video-tutorials/

If I click on any of the "Play video" links, the video's start "loading..." in the right hand screen, but none of them ever actually load. These files are only about 15 MB in size, and they are in the .ismv format. They are encoded using Expressions Encoder version 4 professional.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. There may be multiple issues, I dont know. The first thing I noticed is that I think your Silverlight control could be having an issue. I ran fiddler and I dont even see any requests being made accross the wire when you click the play video link.

3. I only clicked the first play video link by the way