CGI TIMEOUT: The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing.

Discussion in 'HTML / PHP / JavaScript / CSS' started by motorcarsor, Oct 19, 2007.

1. I'm getting the same error as in the topic:
    CGI Timeout
    The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process.

So I had to make the job's script repeatable with continue operation function....
    continuing of downloading, continuing of data inserting....
    About complex queries: I don't know how much time does it require for creating of complex queries...

Why don't you allow the BULK Insert command? It would be useful for a data importing...
    And why don't you enable MS SQL jobs?

2. Hi,

I made a scheduled task with php file which downloads a large csv file (about 850 Mb) from other FTP server to the site's directory and puts info from this file
    to a database table row by row (because the BULK INSERT and OPENROWSET ARE NOT ALLOWED IN YOURS SERVER!).
    Downloading and data inserting require more time than 5 minutes - it needs up to 5-6 hours,
    So, could you increase a timeout delay for my site? or could you give me any ways to realize a daily job for updating my database from FTP.
    Thank you.

3. Irrespective of the FTP download part of your application, what matters for the database update is the SQL query execution time. So, if it does not exceed the 5 min limit which is sufficient for several complex queries, it should be fine. Also,I don't think DASP can change the SQL timeout period on individual requirements.What error message are you getting?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Now I'm getting another error

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

When my php script starts download of a file - downloading begins and stops at 143360 bytes, then it freeze and a few minutes later I'm getting this error...
    So I can't download the file from FTP... How can I resolve this problem?
    the source code:
    $ftp = new ftp('myftpserver.com', 21, 'ftp_user', 'ftp_password', 1);
    $ftp->setDownloadDir('e:\\web\\motorcarsor\\htdocs\\');
    if ((file_exists('e:\\web\\motorcarsor\\htdocs\\VEHICLES.txt')))
    $ftp->setResumeDownload(true);
    $ftp->get('VEHICLES.txt', '');

5. Any Ideas?

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

You cannot run cgi script for more than 300 seconds. The web server will kill the cgi process.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET