Classifieds problem

Discussion in 'ASP.NET Starter Kits' started by kclark, Mar 24, 2009.

1. When I have 2 administrators set up on the site, I don't receive the "new ad" emails. Is there something that I am doing wrong??

2. Just a thought, have you tried localhost for the mail server setting instead of your mail server address?
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Well, the email works if I only have 1 person set up as an Admin, using our mail.xxx.com server address. So, I'm assuming that is all set up correctly.

When I add another person as an Admin, even if I leave the Site Email Address as 1 email address, the emails never come. Even if I add that person's email address to the Site Email Address / Contact Email Address, they don't show up either.

So, I'm kind of at a loss, since it works with 1 person set up, but not multiple???

4. I can't think of anything...Maybe Bruce will think of something and post later.

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

change the smtp server to "localhost".. that should fix your problem.

6. I just tried changing the host to localhost, and it did not work, not even with 1 admin. :(

This is what I changed:

<mailSettings>
    <
    smtp>
    <
    network host="mail.XXX.com" />
    </
    smtp>
    </
    mailSettings>

to

<mailSettings>
    <
    smtp>
    <
    network host="localhost" />
    </
    smtp>
    </
    mailSettings>

Is that what you mean? Because it did not work, not even with just 1 user as the admin.

Hello i've allready install my application. but dont now what to do next. when i browse my site i see this:

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:44 PM <dir> _database
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:44 PM <dir> bin
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:23 AM 1889 ECSMS_deploy.wdproj
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:22 AM <dir> Release

can someone help me please?

7. Bruce

yes.. that's what i meant. do you get any error?

8. Hi Bruce,

Thanks for trying to work with me. No, I don't get any errors at all. It says that the email was sent successfully, or acts like it, but it never really gets sent.

9. Bruce

ding.. that's the worst type of problem.

I guess you'll have to create a support ticket and see if our admin can trace the message for you. make sure you send them the From / To users.