Could not find sever 'C:\Microsoft Press\ADO' in sys.server

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by BillAndrews, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I'm trying to use the book "Microsoft - ADO.NET 2.0 Step by step".
    The examples all use a database that is in the C:\Microsoft Press\...\ADOStepbyStep.mdf.
    I have successfully open this file in SQLExpress. I can get to data in the tables etc...
    BUT when I'm in Visual Studio 2005 I make an Attachment. -- test connection works.
    BUT when I click on the tables node I get the following error and have no idea what to do with it.

Unspecified error
    Could not find sever 'C:\Microsoft Press\ADO' in sys.server. Verify that the correct server name was
    specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.servers.
    OK

2. From within VS youshould use virtual paths for everything to work in the server that VS creates.

3. example please

4. Well...I just opened both eyes and read your original post, missed the fact you had the error opening nodes.
    At that point within VS there are only two things I've seen causing this sort of error;
    Firewalls or read-only MDF files.
    I can't think of anything else that would cause this. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.