Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Cultu

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by vuppalaraj, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I created chart in web page its working in local system but its not workign when i upload in to web server its giving this error

please help me to resolve this

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 4:
    Line 5:
    Line 6: <%@ Register assembly="System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" namespace="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting" tagprefix="asp" %>
    Line 7:
    Line 8:

Source File: /report.aspx Line: 6

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

2. I have started using MS charts in ASP.NET 3.5 with code behind in C#
    I worked with the charts which worked fine with localhost; but problem startd when i started working on the server
    i get an error in web config

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any suggestions thanks

3. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

Try uploading the missing assembly to the /bin folder in your account.