Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by anishpatel, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

I've just deployed an ASP.NET MVC 3 WAP to the root directory of my hosting account and got the following error when i try to navigate to the index page:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 16: <assemblies>
    Line 17: <add assembly="System.Web.Abstractions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 18: <add assembly="System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 19: <add assembly="System.Web.Routing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    Line 20: <add assembly="System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Source File: E:\web\anishpateln\htdocs\web.config Line: 18

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I'm an not sure that this is something I can fix by changing configurations. If this is something I should be able to fix could you please point me in the right direction? I would like to use this assembly if possible.

Thanks in advance for your support.

2. I commented out the System.Web.Helpers assembly from web.config to see if the page would still load but got the same error but for the System.Web.Mvc assembly instead. Can discountasp.net host ASP.NET MVC 3 applications?