Crazy Amount of Junkmail

Discussion in 'Email' started by Miro, Jun 10, 2015.

1. I have been getting crazy junkmail.
    Even with greylisting I still get a tonne of it.

My Hotmail or Google account get just a few a month. I get on average of 25-50 a day with smartmail.
    The Hotmail account is since 1997 too.

Is there anything that can be done?

2. mjp

mjp

You can adjust the spam filtering in SmarterMail, but it's not exactly easy or intuitive:

Settings > Spam Filtering > Override spam settings for this domain

We're hesitant to introduce any strict spam filtering outside of what you see there in SmarterMail because false positives are not good when they're coming from the provider's side. In other words, it's better for us to err on the side of letting more mail through than it is for us to potentially filter out messages a customer may want to see.

3. I have it set. I just don't seem to understand how many emails for enlargement and ipads and Russian wives that still make it through.

4. Not that there is anything wrong with Russian wives. ;)

-forgot to add that comment before everyone who is married to a Russian wife would be up in arms

5. mjp

mjp

Yeah, spam filters aren't easy to understand on the best day, and it doesn't help they change constantly to adapt to new spamming methods. I still see span in my Gmail boxes, and you'd think that have a trillion emails to analyze would allow Google to have the world's best spam filters. And they probably do, but it still gets through.