Cuestion about MS SQL Backups

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by aspnetprue1, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Hi, (excuse my English), I have a website with 2 databases which I want to automatically backup, I tried to use T-SQL but it give me an error about that "cannot open backup device 'e:\web\...\htdocs\TEST.BAK'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.)".

It is possible to backup with T-SQL, and if so what's the correct way to do it? Is there an example?

I read about the Cloud Backup solution and I think it's much better that trying to do this task by myself.

This service compress the files and the databases before sending the backups to the cloud? (I want to use the COMPRESS option in T-SQL for the databases) Does it zip/compress the files? I'm not sure how all this works as I didn't find detailed documentation on this, so any additional information would be very useful, thanks in advance.

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

No, you need to either use our Control Panel or order the Cloud Backup solution. The reason is because the database and web servers are separate. If you issue the T-SQL command, it would try to save on the database server (which you don't have access to). Our Control Panel tool will copy your backup to the web server (which you do have access to).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    mjp likes this.