DASP MS SQL backup question

Discussion in 'Hosting Services / Control Panel' started by nigpig, Feb 20, 2015.

1. I have installed the backup tool that uses the control panel api for backup of our MS SQL 2012 db.
    The tool from pfsolutions-mi.com has a nice user interface and I got this working fine the first time. However, on subsequesnt backups there is a problem with the bak file already being present in the _database folder.

Should not the tool change the name or delete, once ftp to my local PC? Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong. Here is the error message.

Error:

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

HelpLink:

InnerException:

Message: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Dasp.CustomerAPI.Web.UserErrorException: Backup failed. File with the same name already exists.

at Dasp.CustomerAPI.Web.CustomerApi.Sql2012CreateBackup(String key, String databaseName)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source: mscorlib

TargetSite: Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)

StackTrace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at DSB.Service.DiscountASP.CustomerApiSoap.Sql2012CreateBackup(String key, String databaseName)

at DSB.Service.ProcessDASP.CreateSqlBackup(String backupType, String databaseName)

at DSB.Service.DSBAccount.CreateSqlBackup()

at DSB.Service.DSBAccount.Execute()

2. FrankC

FrankC DiscountASP.NET Staff

Our API blocks you from creating backup when a backup file is already in the system. You'll have to change the code to use FTP to remove the backup file before issuing another backup.

If you do not have access to source, you can run a batch using any FTP client to remove the file before you kick off the backup. (kinda a hack but it should work)