DASP SQL Backup v2.0

Discussion in 'Control Panel API' started by frankperez, Nov 7, 2013.

1. imchaz, RayH, martino and 1 other person like this.
  2. mjp

mjp

Nice work, Frank!

3. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Thank you for the hard work Frank! :)

4. Will it make a backup of my database when my database size is larger than 600Mb?

5. Don, I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't. It's a free program, so go ahead and try it. :)

mjp likes this.
  6. Does it use the DASP API to make backups or does it use a different mechanism to trigger a backup?

7. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

It uses the DASP API.

8. Yeah ... saw that after I posted.

9. You ROCK!!! Great work!!! Saved me so much time. I thought I had to develop my own but it looks like you did it all already and did a Great Job! Thanks for sharing.

martino likes this.
  10. Hi Frank
    Thank you for sharing this application. We wrote a backup application for our 2008R SQL and are now getting ready to move to 2012 SQL. Does your application work with 2012 SQL and does it solve the problem of the constantly changing IP address? Thank you in advance. Blue

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  11. Yes, it works with SQL 2012. The problem of constantly changing IP addresses is a DASP API restriction. The good news is that my application can send an email when it fails and you will know that you need to whitelist the new IP address.

mjp likes this.
  12. I went to download the file and extract the contents but there is no install or setup program. Am I missing something? Thanks.

13. The download file name should be something like "Setup.DASPSQLBackup.v2.6.exe". Firefox renames the EXE to ZIP. Try renaming the download to EXE.

imchaz and mjp like this.
  14. Thank you Frank. That was exactly what was happening. I was attempting to extract when I saw the .zip extentions from Firefox. Thanks again for providing the means and directions.