Database Restore

Discussion in 'Databases' started by MWNWT, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    I was wondering if there was a way my database could be restored without having a local copy of a backup. I recently inherited a DB and wanted to restore it back to before I received it, but there doesn't seem to be any backup files locally or on the web server. I wasn't sure if this was something staff would need to handle or not so I made a ticket and I'm posting this here as well just in case anyone can offer any insight.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

I'm afraid not. If you don't have a backup of the SQL database during the period of time you're seeking. Then you won't be able to restore it.

Did you recently misconfigure your database and now you want to go back to your previous database?

We might have a backup in our system but I'm afraid the furthest we could go back is 3 days. If this is the case make sure you tell the people on the ticket the date you require your database backup.

3. Thank you very much for the reply.

Oh 3 days is actually perfect. I would just need a backup of how it was this (11/13) morning. In what increments do you guys have backups? If I need a backup from the morning I don't know what sort of more specific time I would need to offer.

4. martino

We do nightly backups of our SQL databases that we host for our customers. The backups usually take place around 1 - 2 AM Pacific Time

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  5. Hello,

I am in dire need of some technical support. I have a db that has lost almost a thousand user's information. I've been informed by a staff member that Discount ASP.NET maintains temporary backups, I would need to restore from one of these.

I was told to create a ticket and I have done so, but I have received no response sense and was wondering if there was a way to escalate this issue.

Thank you very much for any assistance offered.

6. martino

Can you try emailing us directly at [email protected]

Provide us with the database name and the domain name of the site account when you email us.

7. This has actually been resolved. Thank you very much for your assistance .

martino likes this.
  8. martino

Very cool! Thanks for lettings us know. :)