Delivery failure. error 601.

Discussion in 'Email' started by validian, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have been trying to get my asp.net application to send mail dynamically retrieving the email from my data base, which when I step through the program says it grabs the address correctly, as well as i do not get an error message when a message is sent from my web page online. I have gotten a number of e-mails from the account i am trying to send from that include:

Failed Recipient: [email protected]
    Reason: Remote host said: 601 Failed to connect to the recipients mail server. No MX records were found for the 'hotamil.com' domain. Attempted to send the message to the following ip's: some random IP.

Why am i getting this error? If i hard code in an e-mail address I get better luck with the e-mail getting sent.

My code for sending the e-mail is as follows.

string emailFrom = EmailAddressBox.Text;
    string descriptionBody = DescriptionBox.Text;
    string strTo = UserEmail;
    string strFrom = "[email protected]";
    string strSubject = "Your posting: '" + Title + "' has interest";
    string strBody = "Reply to: " + emailFrom + ". If you hit reply without creating a new e-mail to the previous e-mail you will get no reply. Thank you." + System.Environment.NewLine +
    System.Environment.NewLine + "The person who has shown interest in your posting sent the following: " + System.Environment.NewLine + descriptionBody;

MailMessage message = new MailMessage();
    message.From = new MailAddress(strFrom);

message.To.Add(new MailAddress(strTo));

message.Subject = strSubject;
    message.Body = strBody;

SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient();
    client.Send(message);

Thank you.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

First, is the application running on our server OR on your local computer?

If it is running on our server, try set the SMTP host to "localhost"

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.