DNS Not Working After Migration

Discussion in 'Domain names / DNS' started by Steven Berringer, Nov 18, 2013.

1. I ran the server migration this morning and it's been almost 2 hours and I'm still not getting through on the site address. Also my support tickets are not getting replies. Can somebody take a look at this.

OK, if look a the DNS manager, the IP address for the site is 216.32.60.185, but when I ping that I get nothing. If I ping the alternate address for the site I've migrated to I get 96.31.33.25. Should I manually go in and change the IP.

Don't really want to play around with this, but I may have no choice, I'm getting nothing from tech support.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

What's the domain name of your site?

3. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

If your domain name is using our name servers already, then there is nothing else you should do since the migration will also update the A records for your domain name to point to the new server. So in this case you should allow some more time for the DNS propagation to be completed.

You can also try flushing your local DNS to see if the resolves the problem a little bit quicker. If you don't know how to flush your local DNS please be sure to read this web page article.

mjp likes this.