DotNetNuke From Control Panel Failure

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by kengc2, Aug 21, 2010.

1. I've attempted to install DotNetNuke into it's own directory on my site from within the Control Panel Web App Gallery.

The install seemed to proceed without any issues. When I try and go the directory, I receive the following error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'ScriptHandlerFactory'
    Config File \\?\E:\web\worldcoinsa\htdocs\dotnetnuke\web.config
    Requested URL http://www.worldcoinsales.com:80/dotnetnuke
    Physical Path E:\web\worldcoinsa\htdocs\dotnetnuke
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined

I've searched these forums and DNN forums without any success as of yet.

I have tried to go to the "Web Application Tool" and have verified that the install directory is considered a Web Application, my only choice here is to "Remove Application".

Did I miss something?

Thanks,
    Ken

2. The error you're getting is because the DNN web.config is having problems and is inheriting some settings settings from the root folder. Try doing a 'remove' in the web.config of the setting you're having problems with, or you can check your root application and disable the inheriting of settings

3. Jose:
    Thanks for the reply.
    How would I do a 'remove' in the web.config? Do you mean that I should just edit this file and remove or comment out the line?
    How do I disable the inheriting of settings in my root application?
    I went through the Control Panel app and cannot see where I am to do this.

Thanks,
    Ken

4. Or anyone else... Could you take a look at Jose's reply and help me out?
    Thanks!

5. Sorry about that. I was off and didn't have a chance to reply, but glad you were able to figure it out!