Error list keeps poping up (only in WebApplication)

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by PauloAugusto, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I am working on an ASP.NET WebApplication (not a WebSite) with Visual Studio 2008.

Whenever i am editing the front-end files (the .aspx/.ascx files), the error list window just keeps popping up constantly every time an ASP.NET compilation error exists in the code. For example, just begin writing as asp tag and don't finish it and the error list window will pop up after just a 1~2 seconds. When i save the file, the error list will pop up immediatly. That is, of course, if there is an ASP.NET error in the code. This is EXTREMELY annoying. It should open the error list window only when i compile the application...

The weird thing is that if you are working on a WebSite, it behaves perfectly. It only opens the error list window when you compile the page or the site, not every freaking time you are trying to edit the page.

I need the error list window to pop up *ONLY* when i compile the application, i need it to not keep popping up constantly, getting in the way of my intermediate work.
    I've tried all the options in Visual Studio and searched google with all the keywords i could think of but i can't find any solution to this miserable behavior.

2. I was already expecting it to be one of those *REALLY ANNOYING AND PRODUCTIVITY KILLER* problems that microsoft knew about but disregarded completely because of whatever reason (unethical attitude towards paying costumers / force WebSites instead of WebApplications / force Visual Studio 2010 / etc).

Answer is: it's a recognized bug comming ever since Visual Studio 2005 not fixed by Microsoft and, apparently, never intended to be fixed:
    http://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...70/stop-error-list-pop-up-in-aspx-source-view

Long live Microsoft once again.

3. That sucks.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.