Flash control is not working

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by mdalabar, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Hi Everyone;

I have created a .flv file and put it in flash controller and its running well on my local host PC, but when it is uploaded to this server its give a error about web.config file, after removing the web.config file it give the error like bellow

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'FlashControl' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="Default.master.vb" Inherits="Default_master" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register Assembly="FlashControl" Namespace="Bewise.Web.UI.WebControls" TagPrefix="Bewise" %>
    Line 3:
    Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /Default.master Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'FlashControl' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3607; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Any one can help me out please?

2. Hi,
    On the server it requires the script file, .js, and the loader file, .swf
    What tool did you use to create the FLV? It should be able to generate the loaders.
    All the best,
    Mark

3. Flash Control

Hi,
    I am use Macromedia flash for creating .flv file, and I develop my site with .vb not .js where to upload the script file and is it need to change my web.config file?

Thank You.

4. Hi,
    You don't need any changes to your web.config for this.
    This is no longer owned by Macromedia, which version are you using?
    All the best,
    Mark

5. Flash control

Hi

I am using macromedia flash MX version 6.0
    what to do to run it on server?

once again Thank you.

6. Hi,
    I provide the .swf file in server but after this this error comes

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

7. Hi,
    It was a silly mistake of me. It resolved after uploading the .dll file.
    Whatever Thanks to you for trying to help me out.

8. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

We are glad you solved your issue. Thank you for posting the solution to this problem. This will be helpful for other members of our forum.