Flash reading local folder

Discussion in 'Flash/Shockwave' started by cer9ss, May 4, 2009.

1. I'm developing a website that soon I will upload to discountasp.net. It consists of a flash that displays a group of images that are located on an images folder of my website. To achieve this I must open Macromedia's website and configure the Global Security Settings. Otherwise the swf file won't be trusted and won't have access to the folder. I would like to know if it is possible to do this in discountasp.net servers.

This is the Macromedia's website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Thanks!

2. This setting has nothing to do with the host server. The SWF files run on the client computer and not on the server. The restriction is controlled by the user.

3. Ok, I agree with the fact that the SWF file runs on the client computer on the moment when my service appears on his web navigator, but you mustn't forget that the SWF loads the images that are located on the server. So, this is the moment when the permission is needed (a permission to read a local directory from the server). Otherwise flash won't show the images.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

the macromedia url posted shows you how to configure your player.