Form Design

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Bruce, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

2. Please help. Im trying to create forms in Dreamweaver that the results can be emailed to me and I cant get it to work. Can someone please help.

Thanks
    Lisa Martin

3. ive also need help with this i need to activate a form in dream weaver so i can recive mails from people how fills out my form

4. What you need is a snippet of CGI code to do that; however, you can still use a feedback agent if you don`t know how to code in CGI. There are all kinds of them on the net. You can google them to find out.

Try search words ``feedback form``

Most of them has instruction on how to implement on your own site. Some of them are nice and clean , some of them require you to display an ads on your site if you want to use them(or make them work).

You can have some try on these.

THis is one of my sample code

5. This is what I've got for my form and script. I cannot figure out why it won't work.. I get an error that says it cannot find the page.../
    <form action="/scripts/formmail.asp" method="post">
    <!--<input name="_recipients" type="hidden" value="[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]" />-->
    <input name="_recipients" type="hidden" value="[email protected]" />
    <input name="_replyTo" type="hidden" value="[email protected]" />
    <input name="_subject" type="hidden" value="Web Site Board Contact Form" />
    <input name="_fieldOrder" type="hidden" value="name,address,email,phone,member,reply,comments" />
    <input name="_redirect" type="hidden" value="contact-ty.asp" />
    <input name="_requiredFields" type="hidden" value="Name,phone,email,comments" />
    <tr>
    <td>Name <input name="name" type="text" /> </td>
    <td>Address <input name="address" type="text" size="25" /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr> (etc...)

Here is my script (which is located in a "scripts" folder off of the main directory) and called formmail.asp

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBScript" %>
    <% '***************************************************************************
    '* ASP FormMail *
    '* *
    '* Do not remove this notice. *
    '* *
    '* Copyright 1999-2002 by Mike Hall. *
    '* Please see http://www.brainjar.com for documentation and terms of use. *
    '***************************************************************************
    '- Customization of these values is required, see documentation. -----------
    referers = Array("www.oakwoodparkhoa.com", "oakwoodparkhoa.com")
    mailComp = "ASPMail"
    smtpServer = "localhost"
    fromAddr = "[email protected]"
    '- End required customization section. -------------------------------------
    Response.Buffer = true
    errorMsgs = Array()
    (etc...)

Why won't this work???

I need help! I'm getting frustrated and will soon take up drinking. (lol)

Malinda

Post Edited By Moderator (mjp) : 10/5/2006 12:08:03 AM GMT