Free space for Anonymous ASPNet User

Discussion in 'Control Panel API' started by yowl, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Our site allows uploading of files and I'm writing some monitoring to make sure we buy more space before it runs out. DiskQuotaGetUsage does not work for the anonymous user as this is not the real name (mentioned in previous thread). DiskQuotaGetUsageTotal works but does not tell you how much free space there is so on its own it can't be used to say "you need to but more space". Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Scott

2. I'm assuming you are on our IIS 6 platform, correct?

Yeah, their really is no easy solution around this. Of course because of security reasons, we do not expose the true name your Anonymous IUSR will use. This is because this is what your classic ASP, htm, html, php files will use to authenticate itself.

Try opening a ticket to the support department and see if they will offer that name to you. I suggest you open the ticket from within the control panel of that account. That way, support knows that it is the owner of that account who is asking for it. In all honesty I'm not sure what their policy will be for that, but it won't hurt to ask.

3. Actually this is IIS7 on 2008. Does that make a difference? I will open a ticket as suggested.

Thanks,

Scott