FrontPage 2003 Erratic Confirmation Page

Discussion in 'FrontPage' started by remort, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Users enter data, click on submit, which is sent to my database and to a customized Confirmation Page. The data arrives to the DB okay, but when the CP is generated, while the labels appear, the data SOMETIMES doesn't. Strangely, SOMETIMES clicking on the browser [Back] button and clicking on [Submit] will then show the proper data. Some users have no problem, many do. I suspect this to be either a browser configuration or firewall issue. The CP URL is relative and not absolute. Here is a link: http://oaklandcc.edu/seen/rmort/ENG151CPVerify.asp

2. This sort of thing is beyond frustrating in FrontPage, but...
    Have you looked at the code to see what the FrontPage form processor code does when that page submits?

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

My 2 cents.. Get rid of FrontPage and code your formmail page yourself.

FrontPage extension is complete garbage. MSFT has not updated it since 2002 and it has so many bugs!!!

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Yup, don't get angry with Bruce, I agree with him.
    It's time to move up to ASP.NET.
    If you need help many of here will help you make the transition. [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the candid replies! The college had standardized on FrontPage and now it's going to Sharepoint, which only looks like a more complicated version of FrontPage. One of the reasons I created a web with this hosting service was that I thought maybe our college firewall was causing the problem. However, it looks like it's a feature built into FP. I've gotten a bit older and I'm finding it difficult to keep up with everything, but I guess I'll have to give this ASP.NET a try. Thanks for your reponding anyway!

Ray