FTP Login

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by jjjallen, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I can't login to my FTP using the info in CP. Any Ideas?

TIA jja

2. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

If you're on an IIS7 or II8 server, you need to preface your login with your CustomerID, so it should look like this: "CustomerID|LoginName" Remember to place the pipe (|) character in between. It is not an "OR" operator. Otherwise, submit a support ticket with a copy of your FTP logs, and they will let you know how to correct the problem. Your DNS may not be configured correctly, and you may have antivirus/firewall software blocking the connection.

3. Any ideas about this issue?

I can not connect to my FTP server using any client.
    However, I can connect to multiple other FTP servers with no issue whatsoever.

Is it possible that my firewall is blocking THIS FTP server and not others?

4. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

For accounts hosted on our Windows Server 2008/IIS 7 and 2012/IIS 8 environments, the FTP user name requires a specific format. To obtain the correct FTP user name for your account, please access the Account Information page in your DiscountASP.NET Control Panel and for your convenience, here is a direct link to the Account Information page:

https://my.discountasp.net/account-info.aspx

Please note that you will need to include the number, the pipe character and your user name.

If you're still having an issue. Contact our support department and provide them with the full FTP log file your FTP client is providing to you.