getting error when using third party tool on live server

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by travelops, May 26, 2010.

1. I am using a third party tool to convert an html page to pdf. this works fine on my local server. but when deployed on live server its giving below error. Please do the needfull

ExpertPdf.HtmlToPdf.HtmlConvertException: Could not get the metafile from url. Could not initialize the html converter object.Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).
    at ExpertPdf.HtmlToPdf.ImgConverter.GetMetafileFromUrl(String url, rt& htmlParseInfo)
    at ExpertPdf.HtmlToPdf.PdfConverter.GetPdfFromUrlBytes(String url)
    at BasePage.ConvertPageToPDF(String Url, String DownloadName, String typename) in e:\web\travelopsco\htdocs\App_Code\BasePage.cs:line 522

2. mjp

mjp

It's difficult to "do the needful" when we don't know anything about the tool. When you deploy a third party tool you have to expect to do some troubleshooting.

3. ExpertPDF is a .NET library that offers the possibility to convert your HTML to PDF on the fly. its working fine on development server but when I use it on live server it gives error

Could not initialize the html converter object.Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).

4. You may want to add to your trouble shooting, the suggestion of contacting the software vendor.

I'd recommend having the software publisher review the features available for your account HERE to assess whether this third party software would have compatibility issues.

5. mjp

mjp