Help Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5

Discussion in 'Visual Studio' started by albanello, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi

I am upgrading to .NET 3.5 and have some questions. I currently have my Web Application at DASP using .NET 1.1. My current development environment is MS VS 2003. I'm upgrading my development environment to MS VS 2008 Standard Edition and the .NET Framework to .NET 3.5.

All the Web Application code has been upgraded and tested with .NET 3.5 and I am ready to Publish the upgrade to DASP.

I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. As I understand it I need to go to control Panel and change the framework to.NET 3.5 AND then publish the new Web Application using the Build->Publish <AppName> using HTTP://AppName.com.

Can some body tell me if there is any documentation in the forum that explains this procedure in detail.
    ALSO
    If there is a problem and I need to go back to the old Web Application do I need to (can I) switch back to .NET 1.1, till I fix the problem in the new Web Application.

Thank you in Advance
    albanello

2. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

Yes, this is correct, you need to switch the ASP.NET Framework version number in IIS Tools section of your hosting control panel. You can switch your framework from 1.1 to 3.5 and back to 1.1 with no problems at any time. For the instructions on how to deploy your project to the server with VS 2008, please see this article.

3. I don't see a "web site -> Copy Web Site"

Hi dmitri

Thank you for your response.

I read the artical you provided a link to and it talks about a "web site -> Copy Web Site" menu item. I am using MS VS 2008 Standard edition and all I see is a menu item "Build->Publish <AppName>". I look closer at the Menu item available to me and I do not see the menu item refered to. Is "Build->Publish <AppName>" the menu item I can use ?

Thanks again
    albanello

4. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

5. Tasslehoff
    DiscountASP

Thanks for your reply. I will try and do it as described in the link you sent.

Thanks again
    albanello

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.