Hosting a WCF web service on DiscountASP servers

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Aristotle, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Aristotle:
    I wonder if you could provide more information about your WCF example, how to deploy it. I tried simply copying the files as-is from your WCFService example to my web site, except that I changed the domain, of course. When I went to my browser and typed in the service address, I got the same result as the guy directly below your initial post (comparin): "Parser Error Message: The CLR Type 'MyServiceHostFactory' could not be loaded during service compilation."

Do I really need to use the "Publish" way and deploy a .dll rather than have the source file in the App_Code folder, as comparin later stated? Is there something else I'm missing?

---

Ah, I had forgotten to use the Web Application Tool. It works now!

Thanks anyway,
    Gregory Shields

2. mjp

mjp

Thanks Rajneesh, nice post.

3. RIA WCF Deployment (Finally resolved)

hosting RIA services on shared hosting environment and without changing anything on IIS. Yes it is possible...

RIA framework dynamically creates WCF service (Domain services) and add endpoints to the service.It first check if endpoint does'nt exist then create it,and it checks for 3 endpoints (http,soap and binary).After creating end points it adds authentication schema to end points.It picks IIS authentication schema's and tries to apply on end points and failed to apply.

If we could create desired end points in web.config RIA framework will not create or do anything with endpoints and it works succesfully ..

Check complete solution at my blog "Rajneesh Noonia"

4. Any help to get net.tcp binding to work?
    Thanks.

5. VS 2008 Solution Example

Hi all,

Here is VS2008 working example:

Attached Files:

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

thanks for posting.