How to Clear URL Rewrite Cache...

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by Will1968, May 1, 2013.

1. Hi,

I am having problems with my URL Rewrite set up and I am getting inconsistent test results.

I am wondering if this is to do with the URL Rewrite Cache?

Is there anyway of clearing it?

Do I just have to stop / start my site?

Thanks,

Will

2. tasha

tasha DiscountASP.NET HBIC

What are the problems you're having?

3. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

It might have something to do with your web browser caching. Try clearing the cache in your web browser or try using a different web browser to see if that resolves your issue.

4. I think it was one of those days when I was chasing my tale!

One problem may have been that I did not quite appreciate that you need to restart your website when updating the seperate URL Rewrite web.config files.

Thanks, Will

5. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

humm cool advise. Thanks for posting your solution.

6. I have a separate file with my URL rewrite files in that is referenced from my web.config file. When I was updating these files I don't think my website restarted itself like it does when you change the web.config file.

7. IIS is suppose to recycle the application pool every time an element in the web.config file is updated. Although I personally have seen at times that is not the case, and I have read in some ASP.Net forums that had the same experience.

http://forums.iis.net/t/1172829.aspx/1

I always suggests when making big changes to your site and in the web.config file to manually recycle the application pool yourself in the DiscountASP control panel. It never hurts.

8. Yes, if you update the URL Rewrite file, it will not restart like when the web.config is updated. If you quickly re-save the web.config or re-upload it, it'll cause the site to automatically recycle, so you don't have to go into the CP every time.