How to install Web Application ToolKit for “Freemium” Applications

Discussion in 'ASP.NET Starter Kits' started by grenwick, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hi,

I am trying to host the Starter Kit – Web Application ToolKit for “Freemium” Applications on DiscountAsp.net

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/WATFreemium

I am using VS2010 and I would like to take advantage of the one click publish.

I am quite new to .Net Development so hosting this may be straightforward. But this toolkit seems a little more complex that other samples I see in webcasts.

For starters, I am not sure all the correct files of each of the 3 projects publish correctly, i.e. Freemium.Data, Freemium.Services and PlanMyNight.Web via vs2010.

The main project PlanMyNight.Web does but I do not see references to Freemium.Data or Freemium.Services when I ftp in the filemanager even those I have set them as project dependencies for PlanMyNight.Web

Most other starter Kits only have one web project which is straightforward.

I’d also like to know what the minimum requirements would be to host this toolkit with discountasp.net. I’ve already purchased the base package and one MS SQL 2008 R2 DB.

I am currently stuck with the following error message:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1128

If anyone has any advice, I’d very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Glenn

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Sorry.. not too familiar w/ this app. the error you are getting is very strange though, i am not sure why the application is trying to connect to this port.