HTTP Error 503-The service is unavailable

Discussion in 'ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core' started by MaCson, Dec 23, 2013.

1. I guess the majority of you would agree in regard to website Error 503 is our version of Blue Screen of Death(BSOD).Although the screen does not turn blue, but it's a bleak situation. I am having the BSOD too many times and DASP has initially explained it with this explanation:"...503 Service Unavailable errors are caused when a user makes a request to your website, and that request cannot be served by your application pool because it has been stopped or disabled because it has crashed/hung...". So I have recycled the application pool for my site, but days later BSOD hit again...

Then DASP added this explanation: "...Using Google's Developer tools I am able to see the HTTP status code for each call on the site. Currently the domain is responding with a status code of 200
    (which is good) but several calls on the site are displaying a status code of 503. After refreshing that page several times I am able to see that after each refresh different calls will be completed that previously showed a 503, and calls that were completed with a 200 now show a 503.This could either be caused by a connection to a database is staying open and not closing after the call, which you would need to review your code to ensure that all calls to are closed....".

However, as the BSOD hit my site again and again, my ticket was transfered to a higher level of support for further assistance resulting on these explanations:"...Doing further research on this, it could also be an issue with the cookieless sessions setting which is adding the value of (AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1) which could be multiplying a value which is causing the error. (see screenshot AutoDetect)...", "...Your site exceeded the HTTP Concurrent Connection Limit. I've quadrupled the amount of HTTP Connections your site can handle, but the best way to avoid further 503 Service Unavailable messages in the future is to optimize your application and close any unnecessary HTTP connections properly within your code. Please note that since this is a shared hosting environment, we can only increase this limit so much without affecting the performance of the server or our other customer's applications..." and finally "...It appears that your site consummed all of the http concurrent connections given to it. I had to manually stop your site wait several seconds and reenable it. This means that your application is consuming all of the http concurrent connections and locking it, which prevents it to be releases...I have also checked your site and it does show that you are making some outbound calls to some 3rd party services. That too can eat up HTTP connections and they can be locking up your connection to them if they are having problems...I can only suggest at this point that you go through your application and make sure it is coded to release http calls when it is done with it.".

So is there anybody experient enough able and willing to help me on this issue, please? Thanks for your time reading.

Attached Files: