Lightswitch Deployment

Discussion in 'Silverlight' started by a23639, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Hi All,

I'm having troubles deploying a lightswitch app in asp.net discount. When I try to import the package gives me a error:

The package installation failed.

Details:
    (14-12-2010 12:42:24) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
    The server experienced an issue processing the request. Contact the server administrator for more information.

Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentException: (14-12-2010 12:42:24) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer. ---> Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentException: The server experienced an issue processing the request. Contact the server administrator for more information.
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.StatusThreadHandler.CheckForException()
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AgentClientProvider.RemoteDestSync(DeploymentObject sourceObject, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(String provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentWellKnownProvider provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.UI.InstallProgressWizardPage.OnWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Have anyone already have deployed a lightswitch app in ASP.NET DISCOUNT?

Thank you all,
    Pedro Gonçalves

2. Same issues here...just got on this server yesterday for it seemed to be maybe uptodate...Trying to deploy a simple app and failing repeatedly...wish I could help but im still banging my head into the wall...

3. I'll try to help you guys tomorrow.
    Had LightSwitch installed and configured, was testing it but removed it to resolve a few IIS issues with VS2010 before I applied the recent SP1 beta. (Which did resolve many issues.)

4. Ok. Thank you!

5. ...I've got it working again.
    Now I need to create an Ap then try the build/deploy methods.
    Not sure I'll get all that done today but I"m on it.