Migrating non-asp system to new version of IIS

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by RAH1861, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Hello. I am maintaining a website hosted by Discountasp. It has absolutely NO ASP - i.e. all it has is straight HTML and CSS, plus image files, of course. No databases, no nothing. It does have some .asp files, but all they do is a redirect to .htm files of the same name - for example, in the aim_visit.asp file:

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0 ; URL=aim_visit.htm">

The website got hacked a few days ago and Discountasp has suggested that I migrate to a more modern server:

"Unfortunately, there is a security vulnerability in Windows 2003/IIS6 that cannot be fixed because Windows 2003/IIS6 servers have reached Microsoft's "End of Life" product cycle, and Microsoft no longer releases scheduled patches for those products. This incident is likely to be related to that vulnerability. We recommend migrating your hosting account to a newer version in order to address this problem. Our migration process is free and automated."

So, my question is, are there any problems that I might have doing this migration? They stress pretty heavily that you should test your website under whatever new version of IIS you are migrating to, but I have no facility to do this, nor do I really want to.

To clarify, this website used to use ASP but was rewritten from scratch to look the same but only use straight htm and css. So again, it is plain vanilla. I am continuing to use the Discountasp hosting because it is OK and I have no real reason to go somewhere else. But now they want me to migrate and I am just being cautious.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. mjp

mjp

You shouldn't have any problem with:

3. Thanks very much for the encouraging feedback, mjp.